Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Hyperefficiency of Mania

In a short period of merely forty minutes I was able to clean the kitchen, clean and vacuum the living room, fold and put away two loads of laundry, start another load of laundry, make the bed and collect all the dirty laundry to put in the room for later sorting. Mania must be by far, my favorite feeling. A wonderful weekend of fun, flirting, laughing, dancing and joy followed by day one of, the more favorable, "Super Kiera!!" She can do everything!! Lacking organization? No problem!! Super Kiera to the rescue!! It often times makes me sad, however, to see this woman appear. I take advantage of her presence; but know it will be short lived. Her absence is always noticed and everyone around me misses her once she's gone. My thoughts at these times seemed to be "cleaned up" (for lack of better phrasing) Every thought I have is nicely folded and contained in a neat little file cabinet. I am able to pull one out at a time for review. Unfortunately for me, angry Kiera, Anxious Kiera, and Depressed Kiera rarely complete their thoughts so I'm left now with partial ideas and memories that I can't make heads nor tails of. No problem,....SUPER KIERA can handle this!! Today I am anticipating my doctor's appointment next week. A discussion with a friend has me eagerly awaiting the news from the neurologist. Will I continue on the Business Degree path? Or will I start a new path to a degree in Liberal Arts? Oh the excitement of the prospect of new possibilities. I want something changed drastically!! Usually when I get in these moods I end up chopping my hair off or dying some insane new color, rearranging my furniture, going on a shopping binge for a whole new wardrobe...but since none of these things are within my scope of reasonable abilities,.....I am forced to focus all of my attention and positive thinking towards my ultimate career path in life. So the operative question becomes, "What do I want to be when I grow up?" The answer? ...God only knows! What knowledge do I really posses? What are my strengths and weaknesses? What am I good at? What do I love? So many things placed at my feet now with the realization that I CAN do anything!! The little voice inside my head cries out "DOOOOOIIIIIIT" While the logical side of me (which rarely appears) tells me to do my research, think it through....and wait for the answer to come to me......so I sit here impatiently tapping my foot and waiting....*tap tap tap*

No comments:

Post a Comment